Isn’t it amazing how some people just can’t seem to mind their own business? Here are some of the best internet clapbacks you can use in times of trouble.
Welcome to the Internet: a place where hot-piping tea is always served. Nowadays, being self-aware is one thing, but being straight up obsessed with drama is another. While call-out culture demands accountability, there are instances when things are just blown out of proportion. Opinions are subjective, however we forget public figures, personalities, and celebrities have feelings, too. And when patience is running thin, obviously as humans, it’s time to clapback. By definition, it’s a “quick, sharp, and effective response to criticism” according to Merriam Webster. These celebrities? They’re just like us. They came, they saw, they clapped back.
RELATED: When All Else Fails, Do A Hair Flip. Just Ask Everyone from Pink Webb, Gigi Hadid and Taehyung
- KAKIE PANGILINAN TO A MISOGYNIST BOOMER
2. NADINE LUSTRE TO A WRITER WHO MADE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE COMMENTS ABOUT HER MENTAL HEALTH
Tip: Don’t trigger celebrities who are outspoken then be surprised how quickly they could burn you.
3. KAMALA HARRIS TO U.S. VP MIKE PENCE WHO KEPT INTERRUPTING HER TALK
She just won the elections with one iconic line.
4. KORINA SANCHEZ TO ALMOST EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED ON HER POST ABOUT THE ABS-CBN SHUTDOWN
Did she flinch?
5. BEA VS. MARICRIS WILL ALWAYS BE GOLD
Anyone else guilty of using this clapback in school? Still relevant.
6. GRETA THUNBERG TRIGGERING FORMER U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
16-year old Greta Thunberg had to wait for the perfect timing to roast a 74-year old man.
7. RISA HONTIVEROS SCHOOLS HARRY ROQUE
This classy shade is brought to you by Senator Risa.
8. ARIANA GRANDE ROASTING RADIO DJs WHO ASKED SEXIST QUESTIONS
Yes, Miss Grande. Ready to throw hands at them sexists!
9. ANGEL LOCSIN WHEN SOMEONE COMMENTED ABOUT HER BORING PICTURES
Don’t provoke Darna!
10. RIHANNA TO EVERYONE FROM KENDALL JENNER, CIARA AND PIERS MORGAN
The queen of celebrity clapbacks herself, Bad Gal Riri. There’s even an account dedicated to her savage comebacks called Rihplies!